Tuesday, March 29, 2011

IT HAS ARRIVED!

My Food Lovers Diet System arrived today! YAY! Like anyone receiving a wonderful gift I hurried to open the box to see what exciting things were inside. I quickly took everything out and scattered them on my livingroom floor. A single DVD instructing me to "watch now" caught my attention so I placed it in my DVD player and begun watching. This gave an overview of the program and how to assemble my book. I am now ready to begin my weight-loss journey. But first I must do a lot of reading of this material to make sure I do it correctly and that I understand the science behind it. There are many recipes to follow which I am thankful for.

I have not informed my husband of this, yet. I want to see if he notices that I have lost some weight when he returns from his over the road job. Since he doesn't come home everyday I am certain he will notice! Tonight I will read the materials, Friday I will do the shopping and cooking of any meals that can be prepared in advance and on Saturday I will begin. My husband is due home soon, I think. I hope I can pull this off without too much suspicion.

Why don't I tell him??? Because I have tried other programs in the past that I give up on. I don't want him to think I will give up on this one and have him be disappointed in me. I know they say having a good support system in place when dieting is good but everytime I tell someone I am dieting, I fail. So I figure if I don't tell anyone that I am doing this plan, perhaps I will succeed! And once I am really on my way with the plan I will let them in on it. Also, in the past, if I eat something that may not look like it is part of a diet plan I get the comments "that's not on your plan, is it?" So, to avoid all that I have decided not to say anything to anyone and if they ask me what I am doing to lose the weight I will just say, "eating healthier." Sounds selfish, doesn't it? I call it "self preservation."

No comments:

Post a Comment