Monday, June 20, 2011

When I was growing up....(1955-1969)

When I was growing up .....


  • cars did not have air conditioning

  • the doors to my house were never locked

  • my bedroom was on the second floor of our cape cod style home with no air conditioning

  • we had a 24 ft. round pool

  • I lived in a suburban neighborhood

  • I never took public transportation

  • I had a record player

  • then I had a tape cassette player

  • I rode my bicycle everywhere

  • there were drive-in movie theaters

  • President Kennedy was assassinated

  • my favorite TV shows were Bonanza, I Love Lucy, Candid Camera, Gilligan's Island, Car 54, Gomer Pile, Star Trek, My Three Sons, I Dream of Jeanie, Mr. Ed, Leave it to Beaver, Lassie, Green Acres, Outer Limits, Patty Duke, The Carol Burnett Show, My Favorite Martian, The Ed Sullivan Show, The Three Stooges American Bandstand, The Beverly Hillbillies, Bewitched, and so many more.

  • I spent a lot of time with my Grandparents (on my Dad's side)

  • My aunt (my mother's sister) lived just down the street and I would play with my cousins Carol and Sherry. Carol later passed away at the age of 18.

  • I saw my brother start to self destruct with the use of drugs. To this day he is addicted to pain medications.

  • I would go camping with my family (I can still smell the bacon and eggs cooking on the Coleman stove)

  • I rode a horse

  • Man landed on the moon

  • I had a Poloroid Instant Camera

  • I loved Christmas

  • Marilyn Monroe died


No comments:

Post a Comment