Sunday, May 1, 2011

Summer is Almost Here

It's May and summer is just around the corner. I thought I would be further along with my weight loss but I have only lost 5 pounds this past month. I thought I was doing everything right. Perhaps more exercise is required. It's so hard to move some days with my back and ankle the way it is. Some days I just can't get out of bed because I hurt so much. I need to be very careful with what I do. I started walking my dog for 30 minutes tonight and I hope to continue this daily. It felt good but I don't think it will be enough to lose the weight I want to because I can't walk too fast or hard. I have work out videos I can be exercising to but my knees kill me when I work out to them. Oh what a physical mess I am. Who am I kidding. My mind says I'm 30 something....my body says I'm old. I guess I just need to do the best I can.

This coming Tuesday I will be meeting with a recruiter with a temp agency. It's time for me to go back to work. If nothing else but to keep my sanity. And the extra cash won't hurt either. There are so many things I want to do around the house and I can't do them on what my husband makes. He has enough to worry about without me spending money we really don't have.

I've discovered that life's journey is all about change and adaptation. One of these days I'm going to live life my way. One day.

No comments:

Post a Comment